The Basics of Construction Accounting Class - VIRTUAL
Oct 14, 2021 - 8:00 AM (PT) - Virtual Class
Hosted by Sacramento, CA
About this Event
Bridge the PM / Accounting divide and how to understand and communicate job performance.
Discover the key processes that make construction accounting unique, including job costing, WIP reporting, over and under billing and the most important elements of a contractor’s financial statements. Attendees who complete this workshop will earn 8 CPE credits in the field of accounting.
No advanced preparation or experience is needed to attend, although an understanding of accounting principles is recommended.
- Job costing and why it is the backbone of your financial system
- WIP reporting
- Over and under billing
- The most important elements of a contractor’s financial statements
- The language of construction accounting
- Job management and the contract lifecycle - problem-solving and controls
- Effective equipment costing & how to recover costs from your jobs
- The value of linking project management with accounting
- Elements of financial statements
- Fundamentals of revenue recognition
Presented by: L.J. Clifford and Rodney H. Barbour
L.J. Clifford, Owner & Consultant, Clifford Consulting
Rod Barbour, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer